Call for performances:
THE 11th ASSITEJ FESTIVAL NORWAY,
KRISTIANSAND 6. – 10. OKTOBER 2015
Deadline: October 5th 2014
The ASSITEJ festival is an international performing arts festival aiming to present Norwegian and international performances of extraordinary quality. The biennale was established in 1994 and counts its 11th edition in 2015. The festival pivets around the beautiful theatre and concert hall Kilden in Kristiansand as its stronghold.
ASSITEJ Norway’s overall goal is to contribute to boosting awareness and quality in professional performing arts for a young audience. Our ambition for the ASSITEJ festival is to be a national and regional locomotive and an international door-opener for all professionals involved in professional performing arts for a young audience.
The ASSITEJ festival seeks to
– be artisticly challenging, presenting cutting-edge innovative and contemporary theatre and dance;
– explore different ways of facing young audiences;
– facilitate international encounters and exchange;
– bring together practitioners and researchers with a common interest in the young audiences.
The festival in 2015: Play with me!
The 11th ASSITEJ festival focuses on The audience. The theme for the festival is Interplay, the working title Play with me! Examples of different forms of interplay are projects which seek to collaborate with young audiences locally; performances which are developed in dialogue with the target group; projects that adopt interplay with the audience as a strategy in the artistic process, or use participation as a central dramaturgical aspect of the production. Also, we stress interplay and encouters between researchers and practitioners.
In order to attract artists who are not scheduled to perform at the festival, we aim to make the festival an attractive meeting point for international professional encounters and exchange.
The selection process is led by an Artistic Advisory Board (will be posted shortly). If you are selected for the main programme, all expenses will be covered.
We are looking for performances and projects that comply with the festival’s artistic ambition and profile.
How to join us:
In order to register for the selection process, you need to send us the following by October 5th 2014:
– A brief description of the performance/project and why you believe it is suitable for the festival;
– Indication of whether you offer workshops and/or are interested in taking part in the professional programme (not a requirement for selection);
– A full technical rider;
– Total fees for 2-3 performances;
– Approximate cost of travel and all other expenses;
– Online recording, if possible;
General manager: Hilde Annette Aakre
Phone: +47 98 62 35 33