The 2019 ASSITEJ Artistic Gathering will be in Kristiansand from September 2-5, 2019.
The specific theme for 2019 is Towards the Unknown: Confronting the Present.
The magazine will be published in English and the original Language of the author. We will again create a visual magazine that communicates through images and text. Both visuals and text should address the theme: Confronting the Present.
This magazine calls for articles that confront the present, with an eye towards the unknown from numerous artistic perspectives:
– How would we confront (re)presentations of childhood as artists, directors, actors, pedagogues, dramaturgs, researchers, producers, arts managers, dancers, musicians, scenographers, video artists?
– How do we see the present audience and how do we wish to see them? Which confrontations or interventions are necessary or implied?
– How do we confront the rapidly evolving role of new media in TYA?
– How do we confront lack of normativity and promote inclusivity in TYA?
– How does TYA confront the present crises affecting children and youth?
– How do we see the role of research in confronting the present?
– What are the untold stories of the present and how do we tell them?
– How is contemporary TYA (re)presented on a global scale?
– be between 500-700 words maximum and sent in Word and PDF (both), Times 12pt font.
– include a title and the name of the author at the top, and a 25 word bio of the author at the end.
– be accompanied by high quality photos in separate files from the article, TIFF preferred but JPEG is acceptable, the size of the files should not be less than 5 MB.
– Photos should be credited with name of photographer, company, and play.
– All files should be named by last name of author and country.
– Submissions should be in English (Chinese translations will be provided)
Deadline for submissions is January 5, 2019.
Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org